Saturday, April 17, 2010

Treasure Island By:Robert Louis Stevenson

It was longer than the squire imagined ere we were ready for the sea,and none of our first plans-not even Dr Livesey's,of keepig me beside him-could be carried out as we intended.The doctor had to go to London for a physican to take charge of his practice;the squire was hard work at Bristol; and I lived on at the hall under the charge of old Redruth,the game -keeper,almost a prisoner, but full of sea-dreams and the most charming anticipations of strange islands and adventures.I brooded by the hour together over the map,all the details of which I well reembered.Sitting by the fire in tje houekeeper's room,I apporoached that island in my fancy,from every possible direction;I explored every acre of its surface;I climbed a thousand times to that tall hill they call the Spy-glass,and from the top enjoyed the most wonderful and changing prospects.Sometimes the isle was thick with savages,with whom we fought; sometimes full of dangerous animals that hunted us;but in all my fancies nothing occurred to me so strange and tragic as our actual adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment